We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Russian gardeners learned about the strawberries of the Kupchikha variety not so long ago, but they have already become popular. This is a product of Russian breeders. Kokinsky strongpoint VSTISP. The author of the hybrid variety is the scientist S. D. Aitjanova. The merchant's wife has absorbed the best indicators of her "parents", for some she even surpassed them.
What a beauty:
Kupchikha's strawberries have practically no varietal flaws. It is partly similar to strawberries, partly to wild strawberries. Many gardeners who first purchased or dream of purchasing strawberry seedlings are interested in the characteristic features of the variety itself, the rules for growing earthworms. Let's talk about this now.
Description of the variety
For crossing, Russian breeders took European nutmeg strawberries and large-fruited garden strawberries. The Merchant's strawberry, judging by the description of the variety, photos and reviews of gardeners, fully corresponds to the qualities declared by the breeders.
Let's take a closer look at this question:
- The unpretentious and fruitful dwarf has a powerful and tall bush. The leaves are wide, trifoliate, juicy green, grow up to 25 cm.
- The merchant's wife throws out over 15 peduncles, each of which has about 10 white flowers with bright yellow centers. When the Merchant's strawberry blooms, the leaves, as gardeners note in the reviews, and judging by the photo below, are practically invisible. The flower stalks of the earthworm are strong, thick, capable of withstanding a rich harvest of berries.
- The berries are large, up to 6 cm long, weighing 20-25 grams. Among them there are also champions up to 35 grams. Kupchikha's strawberries are oblong, ruby-burgundy in color with a purple tint. The first berries on the peduncle are the largest, the rest are slightly smaller. It is interesting, but true: in the Merchant's hybrid, the berries themselves do not fall off, but it is easy to remove the fruits without sepals. The shape of the berries is unusual, which attracts gardeners: there are fruits with three or two horns, as well as oblong. Look at the photo, isn't it a miracle !?
- The taste of the fruit has absorbed the properties of the parents - nutmeg with a hint of wild strawberry. There is no acid in the berries of the Kupchikha variety, they are very sweet.
Consider the characteristic features of the variety, its differences from other varieties:
- Strawberry Kupchikha belongs to varieties of medium ripening. The first largest berries can be picked in mid-June, when flower stalks begin to be ejected in other beds with ordinary strawberries.
- The variety of the landowner Kupchikha is fruitful. One plant gives 300-400 grams of delicious berries with an indescribable aroma. Weather conditions have almost no effect on yield. If you plant strawberries of the Kupchikha variety in large flowerpots or grow them in a greenhouse, then you can collect even more fragrant, sweet fruits.
Fruit set for strawberries Kupchikha is 100%. You can be convinced of the yield of the Zemplunika variety by watching the video:
- The merchant's education is average, you can always get a sufficient amount of planting material. Seed breeding of the Kupchikha earthworm, since it is a hybrid, is not recommended. Varietal properties are rarely preserved.
- Judging by the characteristics and reviews of gardeners, the plant is winter-hardy, calmly, practically without losses, tolerates a temperature of -24 degrees under a small shelter. When grown in the zone of risky farming, it will be necessary to cover the Kupchikha strawberries thoroughly. Many gardeners write in reviews that they have to insure themselves, plant some of the outlets in pots and grow at home until spring.
- A high resistance to strawberry diseases is laid in the genes of the earthworm, it is practically not affected by powdery mildew and gray rot, which also makes the variety popular.
- The merchant's wife belongs to varieties with a universal purpose. Berries are good in compotes, jams, preserves. You can freeze. Just imagine what kind of aroma will spread through the apartment when you take the berries out of the cell!
- The variety especially attracts gardeners who grow Kupchikha strawberries for sale. Dense and juicy berries can be transported over long distances. They do not wrinkle and do not leak juice.
- The agrotechnics of growing and caring for the Merchant is simple. In addition, it does not require, unlike many varieties of garden strawberries, frequent transplantation: in one place it can bear fruit for up to five years.
Advice! The flowers of the Kupchikha earthworm are bisexual; there should be female and male plants in the garden.
Ordinary garden strawberries can serve as a pollinator.
Often, gardeners complain that they cannot ennoble some part of the garden due to the exuberant growth of perennial weeds. The question will be easily resolved if you plant the bushes of the Merchant's landowner and do not remove the mustache during the season. Of course, the yield will decrease slightly. But groundcover strawberries will help control weeds by covering the entire area with rooted rosettes.
Zemplunika - a cover plant:
The hybrid strawberry variety Kupchikha, like all other relatives, is demanding when planting in fertile soil. Before digging, the garden must be filled with humus or compost (up to 5-6 kg), add ammonium nitrate (up to 20 g), superphosphate (about 20 g) and charcoal (1 glass). This is the norm for one square meter. Instead of mineral fertilizers, you can use nitrophoska or nitroammophoska, adding 65 grams each.
Attention! Planting seedlings of the Kupchikha earthworm can be done twice a season - in early spring or autumn, from late August to mid-September.
As already noted in the description and characteristics, it is undesirable to propagate the Merchant's strawberry variety by seeds due to the negligible preservation of maternal qualities. Better to use a vegetative way: root a mustache or divide a bush.
When planting strawberries Kupchikha, if the seedlings do not have a closed root system, you should carefully consider its deepening. The growth point should be at ground level. Below in the photo you can see how to plant strawberries without error. This is necessary primarily for novice gardeners, since experienced gardeners know how to do the job correctly.
When planting dredgers, the distance between the bushes must be taken into account. It should be at least 30 cm, as the plant grows rapidly. In addition, the thickened plantings of the Kupchikha variety will not receive proper nutrition and lighting, which will affect the yield. The row spacing should be within 50 cm.
Advice! Experienced gardeners recommend planting the merchant's bushes in a checkerboard pattern.
The description indicates that it is not difficult to care for Merchant's strawberries. The variety yields well with drip irrigation, the main thing is not to overmoisten the soil. It tolerates a small drought steadily, without reducing fruiting.
Strawberries need to be in the sun for several hours, so they can be planted between bushes and trees. He loves loose soil, so from time to time you need to loosen, weed out the weeds, and feed the strawberry plantings.
Attention! Most often, the Kupchikha variety manages weeds on his own, rooting with a mustache and occupying the entire surface.
Good planting material can be obtained from rooted outlets. The mustache must be removed from fruiting bushes so as not to deplete the bushes. Replace the plantings of the Kupchikha variety after 4 years.
As you can see, planting and caring for a dugout is not a big deal, just like preparing for winter. Leaves and shoots are cut on the bushes, covered with straw and non-woven material.
Reviews of gardeners
Adelaide, 54 years old, Kazan
Kupchikha's strawberry variety with four leaves received from a friend for her birthday five years ago. Since my holiday is in February, I planted the seedlings in a large flower pot. The bushes quickly started to grow. After a month and a half, we tried the first berries. I have never eaten anything tastier. The largest garden bed has now been allocated to the hybrid strawberry. My grandchildren, coming to visit, immediately run to the garden. I grow only 10 bushes, but the harvested berries are enough: enough for jam, compotes, freezing. Last year I dried berries for the first time. I advise you will not regret it.
Evgesha, 23 years old, Kaliningrad
I am a gardener with no experience. I bought the first seedlings I came across from my grandmother from the dacha village. She said it was the Merchant's wife. I planted bushes between apple trees. When the fruits appeared, I was surprised at the unusualness of the berries: they had horns! I began to search on the Internet, it turned out that this was definitely the landowner Merchant. The aroma and taste of the berries is awesome. Thanks to my grandmother who sold me the seedlings of the landowner, God grant her health.
Ivan, 39 years old, Kirov region
I have been growing strawberries for sale for a long time. I also have a Merchant. When I come to the market, the landowner is dismantled first. After all, I have never seen sweeter and more aromatic berries.