We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's hard not to love pickled tomatoes. But preparing them in such a way as to please all the varied tastes of your household, and especially guests, is not easy. Therefore, in any season, even for an experienced hostess, it will be interesting to get acquainted with the variety of approaches to creating this universal tasty snack and find some new nuances for yourself.
How to pickle tomatoes for the winter in jars
And there are not so few ways to pickle tomatoes. Sometimes recipes differ only in the addition of some kind of spice or aromatic herb, sometimes in the percentage of spices and vinegar. And sometimes the very approach to the process is radically different - some cannot stand vinegar, and at the same time they are completely calm about the sterilization process. For others, the very word - sterilization - is awe-inspiring, and they are ready to choose any recipe, as long as they do not need to sterilize the jars with the finished product.
In order for the appetizer to turn out not only tasty, but also beautiful, you need to carefully consider the choice of tomatoes for pickling. You should select firm, dense tomatoes with a fairly strong skin and in no case overripe. Better if they are a little unripe.
It is preferable to choose tomato varieties that have fleshy rather than watery flesh. Size matters too. Large tomatoes tend to fall apart in blanks, so it is better to use small or medium-sized fruits. It is advisable to select fruits of the same variety and approximately the same size for one jar. Although sometimes multi-colored tomatoes look very attractive in one jar. Moreover, pickling yellow or black tomatoes is no more difficult than dealing with their red counterparts. In this case, multi-colored varieties of the same variety are suitable for pickling, for example, De Barao red, black, pink, yellow, orange.
The preparation of dishes and tools for pickling must also be approached with all responsibility. It is advisable to use devices that facilitate work:
- lids with holes for draining boiling water;
- special holders - tongs for removing cans during sterilization;
- tweezers to manipulate sterilizing lids in boiling water.
It is probably unnecessary to say that all dishes and other tools and materials used for pickling tomatoes must be perfectly clean, towels ironed under steam.
As for the choice of one or another seasoning for pickling tomatoes, here everyone should proceed from their own preferences. But be sure to try cooking tomatoes with various spices at least once. A standard set of seasoning for pickling tomatoes includes:
- allspice and black peas;
- dill inflorescences;
- Bay leaf;
- cherry, horseradish or currant leaves.
Pickled tomatoes can be rolled up both under ordinary tin lids and under the so-called euro-caps with screw threads. It is only necessary to ensure that the thread is not torn off, and that the covers do not rotate. Otherwise, such banks will not stand for a long time.
Pickled tomatoes for the winter: a simple recipe
Tomatoes according to this recipe are prepared quickly and easily, and the result is very tasty.
The following ingredients are prepared on a 3 liter jar:
- About 1.8 kg of tomatoes;
- Several branches of any greenery to taste.
For pouring per liter of water, use:
- 75 g sugar;
- 45 g salt;
- cloves and peppercorns optional;
- 20 ml of 9% vinegar.
The process of making delicious tomatoes can take place in such stages.
- The required number of glass jars is washed and sterilized either over steam or in boiling water.
- At the same time, they put the water to heat.
- Tomatoes are washed in cool water, tails are removed and laid out in jars, placing a sprig of greens on the bottom.
- Add spices to taste.
- The stacked tomatoes are poured with boiling water, covered with sterile tin lids and allowed to stand in this form for 5-10 minutes.
- Water is drained through special plastic lids with holes and put back on heating.
Attention! The amount of water poured gives an accurate indication of how much marinade is needed to prepare the pour.
- After measuring the resulting water, add sugar and salt to it, after boiling, add vinegar.
- Jars of tomatoes are poured with boiling marinade and immediately tightened with newly sterilized lids to preserve for the winter.
Recipe for pickling tomatoes with hot peppers
Hot peppers are often found in recipes for pickling tomatoes for the winter in jars. If, observing the above technology, you use the following ingredients, you will get a spicy snack that will please the hearts of fans of burning dishes.
- about 2 kg of ripe tomatoes;
- pod of red chili with seeds;
- large head of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar, sugar and salt;
- 1500 ml of water.
Tomatoes marinated in 1 liter jars with basil and tarragon
Fans of not particularly spicy, but spicy and aromatic snacks will definitely like this recipe for the winter with fragrant fresh herbs.
All you need to do is replace the hot chili and garlic in the previous recipe with a bunch of fresh basil and fresh tarragon (tarragon). In the most extreme case, tarragon can be used dry (take 30 g of dried herb), but it is very desirable to find fresh basil.
The herbs are not cut very finely and placed in jars along with tomatoes, pouring them alternately with boiling water and marinade. The exact proportions of the components of the marinade for a liter can can be seen below.
Pickled tomatoes: recipe for 1 liter jar
If the family is not very large, then there is little point in harvesting pickled tomatoes in large containers for the winter. Liter cans are most convenient for use in this case, since their contents can be consumed even in one meal, or can be stretched for a day. In any case, an open can will not take up space in the refrigerator for a long time.
Here is a recipe for preparing delicious pickled tomatoes for the winter using a variety of spices per exactly 1 liter jar.
- From 300 to 600 g of tomatoes, depending on their size, the smaller it is, the more fruits will fit in the jar;
Advice! For liter cans, it is better to select small fruits, cocktail varieties or cherry varieties are perfect.
- half sweet bell pepper;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 lavrushka;
- 10 black peas and 5 allspice;
- 3 pieces of carnation;
- 3 leaves of black currant and cherry;
- 40 g granulated sugar;
- 1-2 inflorescences of dill;
- 1 horseradish sheet;
- 2 sprigs of parsley;
- on a sprig of basil and tarragon;
- 25 g salt;
- 500 ml of water;
- 15 ml of 9% vinegar.
Of course, it is not at all necessary to use all the spices at once. Of these, you can choose exactly those that most of all will please the hostess to taste.
Pickled tomatoes in 2 liter jars
A 2 liter jar is ideal for making pickled tomatoes for the winter if the family consists of at least three people and everyone loves this snack. Then the jar will not stagnate in the refrigerator for a long time, and its tasty contents will soon be in demand.
For pickling tomatoes in 2 liter jars, you can select not the smallest fruits anymore - even medium-sized tomatoes will fit quite freely in such a volume.
And in quantitative terms, the following components will be needed:
- About 1 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 bell pepper or half a bitter (for hot snacks lovers);
- 2 bay leaves;
- 5 pieces of cloves;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 10 peas of both types of pepper;
- 5 leaves of currants and cherries;
- 1-2 leaves of horseradish;
- 2-3 inflorescences and greens of dill;
- on a sprig of parsley, tarragon and basil;
- 45 g salt;
- 1000 ml of water;
- 30 ml vinegar 9%;
- 70 g sugar.
How to pickle tomatoes for the winter with herbs and garlic
This recipe can be classified as a classic, since if other spices for various reasons may not be used when pickling tomatoes for the winter, then the addition of garlic and various greens will be appreciated by any housewife. Popular herbs such as parsley, dill or cilantro grow in almost every vegetable garden and can be easily found in any market.
So, to get a delicious snack for the winter you will need:
- 1.2 kg of ripe tomatoes (it is better to take cherry);
- head of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds;
- 5 peas of allspice;
- a small bunch of herbs (cilantro, dill, parsley);
- 100-120 g sugar;
- 1000 ml of water.
- 1 tsp 70% vinegar essence;
- 60 g of salt.
To prepare pickled tomatoes according to this recipe, you will need another two-liter jar.
- The jar must be sterilized before cooking.
- Half of finely chopped greens, mustard seeds and allspice are placed on the bottom.
- Next, the jar is filled with tomatoes and herbs.
- Garlic is peeled and finely chopped using a press.
- Spread it in the very last layer over the tomatoes.
- Simultaneously boil water with salt and sugar.
- Pour tomatoes with boiling brine, add a spoonful of essence and seal the jar for the winter.
Recipe for pickling tomatoes "lick your fingers"
Some people believe that this recipe makes the most delicious pickled tomatoes, but, as you know, you can't pick up the taste and color of your friends.
To get 10 liter cans of delicious winter snacks from tomatoes, prepare the following products:
- about 8 kg of small tomatoes;
- 800 g onions;
- 2 medium sized garlic heads;
- 800 g carrots;
- 500 g sweet pepper;
- 1 bunch of parsley and dill with inflorescences;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil per liter jar;
- 1 pod of hot pepper;
- 1 cup vinegar 9%;
- 10 leaves of lavrushka;
- 10 peas of allspice;
- 4 liters of water;
- 200 g sugar;
- 120 g of salt.
Making pickled tomatoes for the winter according to the "lick your fingers" recipe will take about two hours.
- Tomatoes and greens are washed under cold water, dried on a towel.
- Peel the garlic and onion, cut the garlic into small pieces, and cut the onion into thin rings.
- Wash the carrots and cut into slices, and the bell peppers - into strips.
- Wash hot pepper and remove the tail. The seeds do not need to be removed, in which case the appetizer will acquire a spicy taste.
- Part of the chopped greens, garlic, hot pepper is placed on the bottom in well-washed jars and vegetable oil is poured.
- Tomatoes are laid, interspersed with onions and garlic.
- Place more onions and herbs on top.
- The marinade is made from water, spices and herbs.
- After boiling, add vinegar and pour the marinade into jars of tomatoes.
- Then they are covered with lids and placed for sterilization for 12-15 minutes.
- After the expiration of the allotted time, the cans are removed from the container with boiling water and screwed up for the winter.
Sweet pickled tomatoes for the winter in jars
The technology for making tomatoes for the winter according to this recipe is absolutely similar to the one described above, but the composition of the ingredients is somewhat different:
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 1 sprig of parsley and dill;
- 1500 ml of water;
- 150 g sugar;
- 60 g salt;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable oil and vinegar 9%;
- black pepper and bay leaf as desired and to taste.
Due to the small relative content of vinegar and an increased dose of sugar, the snack turns out to be very tender, natural and, of course, tasty.
Pickled tomatoes without vinegar
But pickled tomatoes can be cooked for the winter in jars according to a completely simple recipe, without using any vinegar or a variety of seasonings. And the tomatoes still turn out amazingly tasty. And the pickle itself is very gentle.
For pickling according to this recipe, it is better to use liter jars. For one can you will need:
- 500-600 g of tomatoes;
- 500 ml of water;
- 30 g salt;
- 50 g sugar;
- citric acid on the tip of a teaspoon.
And the cooking process is not at all complicated.
- The tomatoes are washed in water and pricked with a fork at the base.
- They are laid out quite tightly on pre-sterilized banks.
- Each jar is carefully poured with boiling water so that the water practically pours out.
- Cover the jars with sterile lids.
- After 10-15 minutes of heating, the water is drained and reheated to a boil with the addition of salt and sugar.
- The tomatoes are again poured with the prepared brine, citric acid is added to each jar on top and the jars are immediately twisted.
Important! The lids, after they have been used to cover the cans, should be sterilized again for 5 minutes by placing them again in boiling water.
- After twisting the jars, turn it on one side, roll it a little to dissolve the acid and, turning it upside down, place it under a warm blanket for additional sterilization until it cools completely.
The recipe for pickled tomatoes for the winter in jars without sterilization
Various berries and fruits, for example, apples, can act as a full replacement for acetic acid.
In this recipe for the winter, they will play the role of the main preservative component and, as in the previous case, it will be possible to do without even sterilization.
You will need:
- from 1.5 to 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 4 pieces of sour juicy apples like Antonovka;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- a few sprigs of parsley and dill;
- peppercorns and bay leaves to taste;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 60 g of sugar and salt.
The scheme for making pickled tomatoes according to this recipe is absolutely similar to that described in the previous recipe. All vegetables, fruits and herbs are poured first with boiling water, then it is drained, and on its basis a marinade is prepared, with which the jars with the contents are again poured.
Advice! According to the same recipe, without vinegar, you can deliciously marinate tomatoes with any sour fruit or berry: cherry plum, red currant, gooseberry, cranberry and even kiwi.
Delicious pickled tomatoes for the winter with spices
The spices that are traditionally used for pickling tomatoes for the winter have already been listed above. But here I would like to describe a very non-standard recipe that will allow you to cook very tasty tomatoes with an original aroma. Moreover, all the spices will be replaced with only one additional ingredient - flowers and leaves of marigolds. Many people know and love this flower, but few people realize that it can replace the valuable and rare spice - saffron.
For a liter jar you will need:
- 500 g of tomatoes;
- several flowers and young leaves of marigolds;
- 500 ml of water;
- 50 g sugar;
- 30 g salt;
- ½ teaspoon of vinegar essence 70%.
And the preparation of a delicious and original snack for the winter is quite simple:
- Tomatoes, flowers and leaves of marigolds are washed thoroughly in cold water and slightly dried.
- 2-3 flowers with marigold leaves are placed in sterile jars at the bottom.
- Then the tomatoes are laid.
- From above they are covered with another 2-3 flowers of marigolds with leaves.
- The marinade is made from water, sugar and salt.
- The cooked fruits with flowers are poured with it, the essence is added on top and the jars are twisted with sterile lids.
How to make horseradish pickled tomatoes
In the same way, delicious pickled tomatoes are harvested for the winter with the addition of not only leaves, but also horseradish roots.
Usually for 2 kg of tomatoes you need to put 1 sheet of horseradish and one small rhizome cut into pieces.
Pickled tomatoes with vodka
If you add a small amount of vodka when pickling tomatoes, this does not at all affect the alcohol content of the marinade, nor the taste or aroma of the finished tomatoes. But the fruits become stronger, even slightly crispy, and the shelf life of the workpiece increases, reducing the possibility of mold or, even more, swelling of cans with tomatoes.
On a three-liter jar, along with 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar, add the same amount of vodka just before spinning.
Storage rules for pickled tomatoes
Tomatoes pickled according to the recipes described above can be stored both in the cool conditions of the cellar and in the pantry at room temperature. You just need to place them away from heating devices and light sources.
The usual shelf life of such curls is 12 months. The only exceptions are tomatoes marinated with the addition of vodka. They can be stored for up to 4 years in a normal room.
Delicious pickled tomatoes are not difficult to prepare, the main thing is to decide on the choice of a suitable recipe.