We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
At the end of each summer season, unripe, green tomatoes remain in the garden every now and then. Such, at first glance, "illiquid" product can be a godsend for a diligent housewife. For example, pickles can be made from green tomatoes for the winter. So, a delicious green tomato with garlic goes well with meat, fish or potatoes. Having jars of such a blank in the bins, the hostess will always know how to feed her household and guests.
Variety of recipes
It can be quite difficult to choose a recipe for a delicious winter preparation, especially if there is no way to taste the finished dish. That is why we decided to choose several different options for preparing salad. All of them are tested in practice and approved by experienced housewives. After reviewing the proposed options, each culinary specialist will be able to choose a suitable recipe for the workpiece and bring it to life.
A simple recipe for a delicious salad
The fewer ingredients are in the salting, the easier and cheaper it is to prepare. However, this does not mean that a "simple" salad will be inferior in taste to a "complex" analogue. This is confirmed by the following version of a salad of green tomatoes and garlic.
To make a salad for the winter, you will need 1.5 kg green tomatoes, one onion, 5 cloves of garlic. Salt, preferably sea salt, should be added to the salad to taste. Table or wine vinegar, as well as vegetable oil are included in the product in an amount of 500 ml. From spices, it is recommended to use ground oregano.
The method of preparing the salad is as follows:
- Wash green tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Salt the chopped vegetables and leave for 2 hours, then drain the resulting juice.
- Cut the onion into half rings. Divide the garlic into slices.
- Add vinegar to the mixture of chopped vegetables.
- Marinate tomatoes with garlic in a saucepan for 24 hours, then strain the liquid and rinse the vegetables with running water.
- Put the tomatoes in a jar in layers, alternating between tomatoes and ground oregano.
- Fill the jars to the top with vegetable oil and close the lid.
The salad is completely ready only after a month. As a result of such a simple preparation, a tasty, moderately spicy product with an attractive appearance is obtained.
Another simple recipe for green tomato salad with instant garlic is suggested in the video:
After watching a video clip, you can understand exactly how to carry out one or another manipulation in the process of preparing a salad for the winter.
Spicy salad of green tomatoes with vinegar and herbs
A large amount of oil allows you to preserve the quality of fresh tomatoes for the whole winter, but this ingredient is very high in calories and not every taster likes its taste. You can replace the oil with a vinegar marinade. Also great preservatives are garlic, chili and mustard, horseradish root. By adding enough of these products, you can be sure that the salad will be stored successfully. A recipe with natural preservatives without vegetable oil is suggested below.
To prepare a snack, you will need 2 kg of green tomatoes and 120 g of garlic. For this volume of vegetables, add 1 chili pepper and a bunch of parsley. A few bay leaves and allspice peas will add flavor to the salad. 130 ml of apple cider vinegar, 100 g of sugar and 1.5 tbsp. l. the salts will keep the snack throughout the winter.
Cooking green tomato salad consists of the following steps:
- Wash the tomatoes, cut the stalk and cut the vegetables into wedges.
- Rinse greens, dry slightly and chop. Mix herbs with tomatoes.
- Pass the garlic through a press.
- Add salt, garlic, sugar and vinegar to the tomatoes, mix the ingredients and put in a cold place for 12 hours.
- Put a saucepan with vegetables and marinade on fire and heat to a boil. You do not need to boil food.
- Put chopped hot peppers and aromatic spices in sterilized jars. Fill the main volume with tomatoes and marinade.
- Sterilize the filled jars for 15 minutes, then preserve them.
The salad according to this recipe turns out to be spicy and fragrant. Both the tomatoes themselves and the pickle have a wonderful taste.
Bell pepper and vinegar salad
The combination of green tomatoes and bell peppers can be considered a classic. Salads made with these ingredients are not only delicious but also amazingly beautiful. They can be served on the everyday and festive table. You can prepare snacks from green tomatoes and red peppers with the addition of vinegar and vegetable oil.
One of these recipes includes green tomatoes 3 kg, 1.5 kg of bell peppers and garlic 300 g. A bunch of parsley and 300 g of chili will give a special spice and variety of colors to the snack. To prepare the marinade, you will need 6% vinegar in an amount of 200 ml, 100 g of salt and twice as much sugar. The composition also contains oil, which will make the salad tender and keep it for a long time.
Cooking a snack will not be difficult:
- Wash vegetables and peel if necessary. Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized slices.
- Chop the pepper into strips.
- Chop greens and garlic with a meat grinder.
- You need to prepare the marinade from vinegar, sugar, oil and salt.
- Boil chopped vegetables in the marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Pack the prepared salad in prepared jars and cork. Wrap them in a blanket and store them after cooling.
Thanks to sugar and bell pepper, the taste of the salad is spicy and moderately sweet. You can adjust the sweetness and pungency yourself by adding or reducing the appropriate ingredients.
Not only bell peppers, but also carrots will help to diversify the color and flavor range of green tomato salad. Orange root vegetable will share aroma and sweetness, bright sunny color.
The recipe is based on 3 kg of unripe, green tomatoes. In combination with the main vegetable, you need to use 1 kg of carrots, onions and bright bell peppers. Garlic should be added to the pickling to taste, but the recommended rate is 200-300 g. Salt and vinegar 9% should be added in an amount of 100 g, granulated sugar will need 400-500 g. To keep the salad well and be tender, add 10 -15 Art. oils.
Recommendations for preparing snacks are as follows:
- Wash vegetables and chop into thin slices, carrots can be grated.
- Combine chopped vegetables and all remaining ingredients in one large vat and mix.
- Leave the salad to marinate for 8-10 hours.
- After a specified period of time, boil the snack for half an hour and put it in the jars.
- Cork the jars, wrap them up and wait for them to cool.
The proposed recipe can be supplemented with various spices and herbs, but even in its classic composition, the product turns out to be very aromatic, appetizing, tasty.
You can prepare a delicious vegetable platter with green tomatoes and garlic. To do this, you need to take 600 g of tomatoes and cabbage (white cabbage) and 800 g of cucumbers. Carrots and onions should be added in the amount of 300 g. Garlic is another must-have salad ingredient. Add 5-7 garlic cloves to one serving of the snack. 30 ml of vinegar and 40 g of salt will make the preservation tastier. The recipe does not provide for the presence of sugar, but if you wish, you can add a little of this ingredient. It will be possible to save the product with the help of vegetable oil, which must be added in an amount of 120 ml.
In order for the recipe to be a success, the following rules must be followed:
- Cut the unripe tomatoes into cubes.
- Chop the cabbage finely and rub a little with your hands.
- Chop the carrots on a Korean grater or cut into thin strips.
- Chop the onion into half rings.
- Squeeze the garlic through a press.
- Peel the cucumbers and chop into strips.
- Mix all chopped vegetables and sprinkle with salt. When the vegetable juice comes out, you need to add vinegar and oil.
- Cook vegetables for 40-50 minutes. During this time, they should become soft.
- Put the salad in jars and cover with lids, then sterilize for 10-12 minutes.
- Roll up the sterilized product.
The vegetable platter does not contain sugar and its taste is peculiar, sour and salty. The product is well suited as a snack and is loved by many men.
Assorted eggplant "cobra"
In this recipe, eggplants, green tomatoes and bell peppers should be used in equal amounts: 1 kg each. Onions need to take 500 g. Hot peppers and garlic should be used 50 g each. Salt for cooking will need 40 g, table vinegar 60 g. Oil will need to be used for frying vegetables, so its amount is difficult to accurately determine.
To preserve all the flavoring features of the recipe, you must follow the instructions below:
- Dissolve 1 tbsp in 1 liter of water. salt. Wash the eggplants and cut into thick rings. Place the wedges in salt water for 15 minutes.
- Lightly dry the eggplants and fry them in a pan on both sides.
- Wash green tomatoes and cut into thin slices, bell peppers and onions cut into half rings.
- Chop hot peppers and garlic with a knife.
- Stir all vegetables, with the exception of eggplants, lightly fry and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- A few minutes before the end of stewing, add salt and vinegar to the food mixture.
- Put eggplants and other stewed vegetables in layers in prepared clean jars.
- Sterilize the filled cans for 15-20 minutes, then roll up the winter blank.
The appearance of this salad is highly decorative: the layers of the appetizer resemble the color of a cobra, which gave the name to this beautiful and tasty dish.
Armenian green tomato salad
A spicy food with garlic can be cooked in Armenian. This will require 500 g of tomatoes, 30 g of garlic and one bitter pepper. Spices and herbs can be added as desired. It is recommended to add a bunch of cilantro and a few sprigs of dill. The brine must include 40 ml of water and the same amount of vinegar. The optimal amount of salt per recipe is 0.5 tbsp.
You need to prepare a salad in Armenian like this:
- Chop the garlic and pepper with a meat grinder or finely chop with a knife.
- Chop the greens, cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Mix all prepared foods and put them in jars.
- Prepare the marinade and pour it into the jars.
- Sterilize the salad containers for 15 minutes.
- Preserve the salad and store it.
The variety of green tomato and garlic salads is literally unlimited: there are many recipes based on these vegetables with the addition of one or another ingredient. Above in the description, we proposed several proven, interesting recipes for a delicious salad and described in detail the technology for their preparation. The choice of a specific recipe always depends on the hostess and the taste preferences of her household.