We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Jam is a product obtained by cooking fruit puree with added sugar. The dessert looks like a homogeneous mass, does not contain pieces of fruit or other inclusions. Apricot jam is distinguished by its amber color and sweet taste. It is served with tea, used for making sandwiches and pie fillings.
Apricot jam recipes
To make jam, fruits are processed using kitchen equipment or cut into pieces by hand. The dessert acquires an unusual taste when using various berries and fruits. For a dietary diet, a delicious, sugar-free jam is suitable.
In a multicooker
Using a multicooker, you can simplify the process of preparing an apricot dessert. In the multicooker, the fruit mass does not burn, it is enough to select the mode and turn on the device for the required period of time.
Multicooker apricot jam recipe:
- Fresh apricots (1 kg) should be washed and cut into pieces. It is allowed to use slightly tough fruits.
- The fruit mass is placed in a multicooker container and added with 100 ml of water.
- The appliance is turned on for 15 minutes in the "Baking" mode.
- The apricots will become soft and can be easily minced with a blender.
- Apricot puree is poured with 0.6 kg of granulated sugar and mixed thoroughly.
- Juice from ½ lemon is added to apricots.
- The mixture is again placed in the multicooker, operating in the baking mode, for 50 minutes.
- For the last 25 minutes, mashed potatoes are boiled with the lid open.
- A drop of fruit puree is required to check the doneness. If the drop does not spread, turn off the multicooker.
- The hot mashed potatoes are distributed among the jars.
How to make grated jam
The traditional way to get apricot jam is to grind the fruit pulp with a sieve.
How to cook thick apricot jam is described in the recipe:
- First, 1.5 kg of ripe apricots are selected. Overripe specimens are suitable for dessert.
- The fruits are divided in half and the seeds are removed from them.
- The fruit is placed in a saucepan and 200 ml of water is poured over.
- The container is put on fire. When the mass boils, the stove is turned off, and the jam is left to cool completely.
- The apricot mass is rubbed through a sieve. Hard fibers and skins will not get into the dessert.
- Pour 500 g of granulated sugar into the puree and put the container on the fire again.
- When the contents of the pot boil, the fire is muted. The mixture is boiled for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Then turn off the fire and wait for the mass to cool.
- The puree is brought to a boil again. When the mass gets the required consistency, it is removed from the heat. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
- The finished product is laid out in banks.
Using a meat grinder
A regular meat grinder will help to process the pulp of apricots. It is best to use a fine mesh device to get a uniform consistency. To avoid large pieces in the dessert, you should choose the ripe fruit.
Cooking procedure with a meat grinder:
- Apricots (3 kg) are washed and pitted.
- The resulting pulp is passed through a meat grinder.
- Add 2 kg of granulated sugar to the mass, after which it is thoroughly mixed.
- The mixture is placed on the stove and low heat is turned on. The apricot mass is boiled down until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then turn on medium heat and cook the mass until it starts to boil.
- During the cooking process, foam forms on the surface of the puree, which is removed with a spoon. After boiling, the heat is reduced and the mixture is boiled for 30 minutes.
- The finished jam is distributed in containers for storage.
With sea buckthorn
Sea buckthorn is a source of vitamins and gives the preparations a sour taste. The recipe for an apricot dessert with sea buckthorn does not require long cooking. As a result, the beneficial properties of apricots are preserved.
Sequence of work:
- Sea buckthorn (1.5 kg) must be rinsed well and left in a sieve to drain.
- Then the berries are placed in a saucepan and poured with boiling water (3 glasses).
- After 5 minutes, the water is drained, and the sea buckthorn is mashed using a blender.
- Apricots (1.5 kg) are pitted and also processed with a blender.
- Combine sea buckthorn and apricot, add 500 g of sugar. The mixture is mixed well.
- The mass is constantly mixed and cooked in a saucepan for 1 hour.
- When the jam thickens, it is transferred to sterile jars. During storage, the mass will become thicker, so it is better to keep the workpieces in a cool place for at least a month.
Sugar-free jam is made from ripe apricots. Dessert is suitable for those who follow a healthy diet or seek to avoid sugar in their diet. To get a thick mass, pectin is used - a natural substance that gives products a jelly consistency.
Apricot jam recipe without added sugar:
- Apricots (1 kg) should be well washed and pitted.
- The fruits are cut into pieces and placed in a saucepan.
- Fruits are poured over 2 glasses of water and cooked over low heat.
- When the mass becomes thick, you need to add pectin. Its amount is measured in accordance with the directions on the package.
- Hot jam is laid out in jars and corked with lids.
If the dessert is not sweet enough, you can substitute fructose for sugar. For 1 kg of apricots, 0.5 kg of sweetener is taken. This jam has a sweet but not sugary taste.
Apricot dessert acquires an unusual taste when using cognac. The process of preparing such a dessert consists of a number of stages:
- Ripe apricots (2 kg) are pitted and cut into pieces.
- Add 300 ml of cognac to a container with fruits, 4 tbsp. l. lemon juice. Be sure to pour 1.5 kg of sugar.
- The mass is left in the refrigerator until morning.
- In the morning, the apricots are ground through a sieve or ground using a combine.
- A glass of water is added to the puree, and then put on fire.
- When the mass thickens, it is distributed among the storage jars.
When gelatin is added, the jam gets a thicker consistency. Instead of gelatin, jellix is often used - a gelling agent consisting of natural ingredients.
The procedure for preparing a dessert with the addition of gelatin:
- Apricots (2 kg) are washed, divided into parts and removed from the seeds.
- The fruits are crushed in any way.
- Add 1.2 kg of granulated sugar to the apricots and put on the stove.
- First, the mixture is allowed to boil, after which the fire is muffled and boiled for 15 minutes.
- Then proceed to the preparation of gelatin. For 100 ml of cooled boiled water add 2 tbsp. gelatin and leave the mass for half an hour.
- Juice is squeezed out of lemon, which is poured into jam.
- The finished gelatin is added to the apricot mass, which is thoroughly mixed.
- The mass is re-placed on a muffled fire.
- The mashed potatoes are removed from the stove before boiling and placed in jars for storage.
When apples are added, the jam becomes sour and becomes less cloying. Any seasonal apples are suitable for homemade preparations.
Recipe for apricot jam with apples:
- Apricots (1 kg) are pitted and ground in any way.
- Apples (1.2 kg) are cut into pieces and the core is discarded. The pieces are ground in a food processor or blender.
- The resulting puree is mixed and 2 kg of sugar are added.
- The container with the mass is put on low heat and cooked for half an hour. Stir the jam constantly and make sure that it does not burn.
- When exposed to heat, the jam becomes thicker. When the mass reaches the required consistency, it is removed from the heat. If the puree is too thick, add 50 ml of water.
- Storage containers and lids are sterilized with hot steam or water.
- The finished product is distributed in glass jars.
Cooking tips and tricks
The following tips will help you prepare a delicious apricot jam:
- before use, the fruit is thoroughly washed and pitted;
- the pulp is processed with a knife, using a blender or a meat grinder;
- ripe fruits are prepared faster than immature ones;
- sterilized jars are used to extend the shelf life of the dessert;
- to prevent mashed potatoes from sticking to the dishes, it is better to use a saucepan with a non-stick surface;
- cinnamon, vanilla or cloves will help give the dessert a spicy taste;
- in the absence of a blender or processor, the apricots are boiled without the skin, then mashed with a spoon.
Apricot jam is a delicious dessert that helps to diversify the diet. An ordinary saucepan is enough for its preparation. A multicooker, meat grinder and other household appliances will help to simplify the cooking process.