We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Blackberry jam is not so common among homemade preparations. This is partly due to the fact that the berry is not as popular among gardeners and is not as widespread as, for example, raspberries or strawberries.
Nevertheless, you can make wonderful preparations for the winter from it, which are in no way inferior in taste or usefulness to jam or compote from other garden fruits.
Useful properties of blackberry jam
All the beneficial properties of blackberry jam are due to the vitamins and microelements that are part of the berries. The fruits contain:
- vitamins A, B1 and B2, C, E, PP;
In addition, they contain organic acids:
Due to the high content of nutrients, blackberries have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body, increase tone, and reduce fatigue. The use of these berries helps in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system.
Important! Most of the nutrients are not destroyed during the heat treatment of fruits.
The principles of making blackberry jam for the winter
Any wide metal dish is suitable for making jam: copper basins, stainless steel or brass containers. It is advisable not to use enamelled pots, as jam in them is prone to burning.
Before cooking, the berries must be freed from the stalks, sorted out, rinsed under a shower of cold water and allowed to dry a little. It is better to use spring or bottled water. The water supply must be defended and filtered.
The shelf life of future jam will directly depend on the amount of sugar and the cooking time. However, the longer the jam is cooked, the less useful substances will remain in it. In addition to jam, other delicacies can be cooked from blackberries: jams, confiture, jelly.
Blackberry jam recipe five minutes
5-minute blackberry jam is very easy to prepare. You will need:
- blackberries and granulated sugar (0.9 kg each),
- citric acid (3 g).
Rinse the blackberries gently. Put the fruits in a cooking container, stirring the layers with sugar. Leave the berries for 5-7 hours to give juice.
The next day, put the berries on fire and heat to a boil. Shaking the container, keep them on fire for 5-7 minutes. Add citric acid a minute before the end of cooking. Then put the finished product in the jars and cover so that they cool slowly.
Simple Blackberry Jam with Whole Berries
- Making jam starts with boiling syrup. It will require half a liter of water and 1.8 kg of sugar. Sugar is poured into water, heated and boiled for 3 minutes.
- Then you need to add pure berries to the syrup, which you need to take 1.2 kg. The whole mass is heated and boiled over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and leave to infuse for 6 hours.
- After that, it is brought to a boil again and this time it is boiled for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat again and cool for 3 hours.
- After that, the jam is again put on the fire, allowed to boil and kept for 10 minutes.
- The finished product is placed in sterilized storage containers.
Thick blackberry jam with whole berries
Sort out the berries, rejecting damaged and wrinkled ones. For 1 kg of blackberries, 1 kg of sugar is required. The fruits must be put in a cooking container and sprinkled with granulated sugar. Leave on for a couple of hours to let the juice stand out. When the sugar is completely saturated, you can put the container on the stove.
You need to heat it for about 10 minutes, periodically shaking the pan. During this time, the sugar will completely dissolve. After that, the container is stopped heating and allowed to cool for at least an hour. Then re-heating is done over high heat for 15 minutes, gently stirring the berries.
The readiness of the jam is determined drop by drop. If the jam is ready, it should not flow. After that, all that remains is to put the jam in the jars.
For thick jam, you can use special thickeners, such as gelatin. Here's how to make jam using it:
- Soak gelatin (10 g) in cold boiled water.
- Rinse the blackberry (4 glasses), peel off twigs and debris.
- Pour berries into a cooking container, add 3 cups of sugar. You can do this in advance so that the berry gives juice.
- Put on low heat, heat to a boil, cook for half an hour.
- Add gelatin, stir. As soon as the mixture begins to bubble, remove from heat and spread the jam in clean jars.
Important! You cannot boil such a jam for a long time so that the gelatin does not lose its gelling ability.
A pectin-based gelling ingredient can be used in place of gelatin. It is sold in a store called Zhelfix. In order to make thick jam, you need to mix this ingredient with sugar. Blackberries are poured over them in a 1: 1 ratio, then the pan is left for 5-6 hours until the juice is completely saturated with sugar.
After that, the pan is put on fire and boiled for 5-7 minutes. The product is laid out hot in jars, and after cooling it will acquire the properties of a jelly.
Important! On the packaging of "Zhelfix" it is indicated for what proportions of fruit and sugar it is intended (1: 1, 1: 2, etc.).
Frozen Blackberry Jam Recipe
If, for some reason, it was not possible to process the berries right away, then they can be frozen and returned to the cooking process later, when there is free time. To make jam from frozen blackberries, you will need a pound of it, as well as a kilogram of sugar and the juice of half a lemon.
- Put the frozen berries in a cooking pot, cover with sugar. Withstand 3 hours.
- Drain off a third of the glass of the juice that has evolved, otherwise the jam will turn out to be too liquid, and it will take a long time to boil it.
- Add lemon juice to the mass.
- Put the pan on fire. After boiling for 5 minutes, remove to cool.
- Pour into jars and store.
How to make honey blackberry jam
The honey in this recipe will replace sugar and give the jam a unique taste. 1 kg of berries will require 0.75 kg of honey.
- Put honey with berries in a saucepan and put on low heat. The contents must be constantly stirred to prevent burning.
- For about half an hour, the jam should sweat.
- Then the temperature is added, the jam is boiled for a minute over high heat and immediately poured into clean jars.
- The dishes are rolled up with lids and covered with a warm blanket.
We save vitamins, or preparation of blackberry jam for the winter without heat treatment
Berries that have not been heat treated will retain most of the nutrients. Such blanks will be most useful, but they can be stored for a short time and only in the refrigerator.
Blackberry jam without cooking
You will need ripe, undamaged berries that do not show signs of rot. They need to be ground into porridge. A meat grinder is quite suitable for this, or it can be done with an ordinary crush. Cover the berry porridge with sugar 1: 1. Leave on for 2-3 hours. During this time, you need to constantly stir it so that the sugar is completely dissolved. Put the finished product in small storage containers, sprinkle with sugar on top, roll up and put in a cold place.
Blackberries, grated with sugar for the winter
The grated blackberry with sugar is more delicate in taste, since it does not contain seeds. To prepare it, 0.4 kg of blackberries will require 0.6 kg of sugar.
- Fresh washed berries should be mash with a fork and rubbed through a sieve.
- Mix the resulting fruit porridge with sugar and leave for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as the sugar is completely dispersed, the product can be packaged in a small container and put in the refrigerator.
Important! To prevent seeds from getting into the jam, you do not need to use a blender. He is able to crush them strongly, then they will pass through the sieve.
Original blackberry jam with fruits and berries
Blackberry flavor goes well with other berries and fruits. Therefore, many recipes with blackberries use combinations of them in different proportions.
Raspberry and blackberry jam
The two crops are related and the flavor of their berries complements each other perfectly. For jam, they take the same amount, as well as sugar. Its weight should be equal to the total weight of the fruit.
Here is the procedure for making jam:
- Rinse blackberries, dry, put in a saucepan.
- Add sugar (half of the total).
- Do the same with the raspberries using the rest of the sugar.
- Leave overnight to separate the juice from the berries.
- In the morning, drain the liquid from both berries into a cooking container and put it on the fire. Add sugar that has not dissolved there.
- Heat the syrup to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- Add berries. Cook them for 5 minutes, then remove the pan from heat.
- Let cool, leaving for 5-6 hours.
- Boil again and keep on fire for another 5 minutes.
- Pack up in banks, put away for storage.
Blackberry jam with lemon
Prepared like a classic thick jam. Sugar and blackberries are taken in a 1: 1 ratio, poured into a cooking container and left for several hours. Then you need to make the first cooking by boiling the berries in syrup for 10 minutes. After that, the jam should cool. You can leave it overnight. Then it is reheated and boiled, stirring, for 15–20 minutes.
A few minutes before the end of cooking, you need to add the juice squeezed from half a lemon to the jam. This will give the product a light citrus flavor and sourness. Then the jam must be packaged in small containers and stored.
Blackberry and orange jam recipe
You will need:
- 0.9 kg of blackberries;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 oranges;
- 1 kg of sugar.
Peel off the oranges and cut them as small as possible. Then squeeze the juice into a separate container. Add sugar, zest and put on fire. Heat to a boil, simmer for 3-5 minutes, then cool.
Put berries in the cooled syrup, leave for 2 hours. Then put the pan on low heat and cook after boiling for half an hour. Squeeze lemon juice into a saucepan before the end of cooking.
How to make apple and blackberry jam
There are quite a few recipes for making blackberry jam with apples. Here is one of them. 1 glass of blackberries, 6-7 medium-sized apples, one and a half glasses of granulated sugar and half a teaspoon of citric acid.
The cooking procedure is as follows:
- Peel and core the apples and cut into small cubes.
- Put them in a saucepan, pour water so that the apples are slightly covered, add sugar and citric acid.
- Put on fire, keep after boiling for 20 minutes.
- Add the blackberries and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
The jam is ready. Then it can be put into small containers and put away for storage.
Delicious Blackberry Banana Jam Recipe
Blackberries, bananas and sugar are taken in equal proportions. The berries need to be washed, dried and covered with sugar. Leave overnight to give juice. Then you can put them on the stove. The mass is brought to a boil and cooked for about half an hour. Then peeled and diced banana is added. Cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat. The jam is ready.
How to make blackberry jam with cloves and plums
- Blackberries and small plums - 450 grams each;
- raspberries and elderberries - 250 grams each;
- two lemons;
- several branches of a carnation.
Free the plum from the seeds and put in a saucepan. Add all the other berries, lemon juice and cloves there. Put the saucepan on low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about an hour. Rub the resulting mass through a sieve and leave to drain overnight.
In the morning, add sugar to the drained juice at the rate of 0.75 kg per liter and heat. Cook for 20 minutes, then pack into small jars.
Making blackberry jam with black currant
This jam is the most vitamin-rich and is usually made without boiling. You will need blackberries and black currants - 1 kg each, as well as 3 kg of granulated sugar. The fruits are crushed into porridge using a meat grinder or blender, then covered with sugar. Stir periodically until the sugar is completely dissolved, and then lay out in jars. Store this jam only in a cold place.
How to make blackberry and gooseberry jam
- sugar - 2.3 kg;
- blackberries and gooseberries - 1 kg each;
- water - 150 ml.
Gooseberry fruits need to be washed, peeled from tails and stalks. Chop, put in a saucepan and cover with granulated sugar. Let it brew for at least 8 hours, then put on the stove. Heat to a boil, then remove and cool for about 4 hours. Add blackberries, heat to a boil and cool again. Repeat the procedure two more times. After the third cooking, arrange in jars, which must be pre-sterilized.
Berry platter without cooking
In addition to the fruits mentioned above, you can combine blackberries with others. Well suited for this:
- red and white currants;
Important! Like any jam without heat treatment, it should only be stored in the refrigerator.
Recipes for jams, jellies and blackberry confiture for the winter
In addition to jam, other delicacies can be made from blackberries. It makes an excellent jam, confiture. You can also cook jelly.
The simplest jam recipe requires a pound of berries and 400 grams of sugar. Put everything in a saucepan and grind into porridge with a blender. Leave for a while so that the sugar can dissolve. Then the container is put on fire and the jam is boiled for at least half an hour, removing the foam. The jam is ready.
Blackberry jam with elderberry, plum and raspberry recipe
You will need 0.4 kg of pitted plums and blackberries, 0.2 kg of elderberries and raspberries.
- Put all the fruits in a saucepan, add water so that it covers the fruits.
- Put on fire and boil the contents of the pan for 15 minutes.
- Mash the fruit into porridge with a crush or fork.
- Tie the porridge in cheesecloth and put under pressure to squeeze out the juice. You can use a strainer or colander for this. In order for the juice to drain well, it is left overnight.
- In the morning, you need to measure its amount. Take sugar at the rate of 0.2 kg for every 0.3 liters of juice.
- Add to the juice, put the pan on the fire.
- You need to cook until the sugar is completely dissolved, and then the fire can be added and cooked for another 15 minutes.
- The jam is ready. You can pack it in small jars and put it away for storage.
For 0.75 kg of fruit, 1 kg of sugar is required. The ingredients are placed in a saucepan and immediately put on fire. While stirring, cook for 20 minutes. Then remove the pan and grate the berries with a fine strainer, removing the seeds. Then put the pot back on the fire and simmer for about 40 minutes.
Check the readiness of the jam by dropping it on a spoon with granulated sugar. If the drop is not absorbed, the product is ready, you can put it in the jars.
Blackberry jelly for the winter
For jelly, you need to squeeze out the juice of ripe blackberries. This can be done by chopping the berries in any way and squeezing through cheesecloth. For 0.5 liters of juice, 0.4 kg of sugar and 7 grams of gelatin are required, which must be soaked in cold boiled water in advance.
Sugar is added to the juice, stirring it until dissolved, as well as gelatin. After that, the liquid is poured into molds and put into the refrigerator for solidification.
Important! You can add whole blackberries to the jelly, it will look very beautiful.
Blackberry jam in a slow cooker
A very simple recipe. A kilogram of fruit requires a kilogram of sugar. Everything is poured into the multicooker bowl and put on for 40 minutes in the "stewing" mode. From time to time, the jam needs to be gently mixed with a wooden spatula. Once ready, pack in small jars.
Terms and conditions for storing blackberry jam
Heat-treated preserves and confiture can be stored for quite a long time - up to 1 year. But jam and berry mixes without cooking are stored only in the refrigerator, and their shelf life does not exceed 3 months.
Blackberry jam is a great way to diversify homemade preparations for the winter. Processing the fruits does not take much time, for example, five-minute blackberry jam with whole berries is prepared almost instantly. But the result will be a real delicacy that is not only tasty, but also healthy.