We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Many people know such a spicy herb as basil. It is used to prepare various sauces, preparations for the winter, as a seasoning for various dishes. But you can also prepare compote from grass, even prepare it for the winter. Few people know the benefits and harms of basil compote, and even fewer housewives know what recipes are for preparing such preparations.
Benefits of basil compote
All the properties of basil compote, especially with the addition of lemon, and its benefits are determined by the content of essential oils in it.
Benefits of basil compote:
- has antimicrobial properties;
- has a sedative effect;
- has anti-inflammatory properties;
- fights stomatitis;
- useful for people who suffer from increased gas production and diarrhea;
- fights insomnia;
- relieves stress.
All these properties help the body and strengthen the immune system. At the same time, it is useful to use herb compote for acute respiratory infections and various stressful situations.
Who is contraindicated in basil compote?
But there are also groups of people who are contraindicated in basil compote or who should drink with restriction.
First of all, these are people suffering from constipation, since the tannins in the basil compote help to fix the stool. And also you should not drink such compote for people with an allergy to basil. If a person is allergic, but the reaction to basil has not been studied, then it is necessary to take the drink first in a small amount and, in case of any manifestation of an allergic reaction, exclude it from the diet.
And also, you should not drink compote for pregnant women, since basil can increase the tone of the uterus, which can lead to dangerous consequences for pregnancy. If there are these problems, then you should not use compote or you need to consult a doctor about the allowed amount of drink per knock.
Basil compote recipes for the winter
Compote can be prepared for the winter and use a herb at the same time. Additional ingredients can be apples, lemons, as well as apricots and other fruits.
It is optimal to use purple leaves for harvesting. They give the compote a beautiful color. If you use green leaves in combination with citric acid, then the shade of the drink will also be pleasant.
Basil and lemon compote for the winter
The recipe for basil and lemon compote is very simple, and the ingredients for it are also simple:
- purple basil - 90 g;
- green basil - 50 g;
- large lemon - 1 piece;
- 280 g sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
Cooking steps are available even for novice housewives:
- Rinse the leaves of both types of basil thoroughly.
- Divide the lemon into two halves.
- Then cut the lemon into small pieces.
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Add basil, after 5 minutes add lemon and sugar.
- Cook the compote for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and leave for 20 minutes.
- Strain the drink through cheesecloth.
- Bring the drink to a boil.
Immediately after boiling, it is necessary to pour the compote into washed and sterilized jars and immediately cover with lids. Roll up hermetically and wrap in a blanket to cool the drink slowly. Only after a day or two, you can lower the workpiece for permanent storage in the cellar.
Apple compote with basil
To prepare a classic apple drink with the addition of basil, you will need:
- 1.5 kg of apples;
- a sprig of basil, more can be added to the taste of the hostess;
- 350 g granulated sugar.
The recipe for such a refreshing drink is simple:
- Cut the apples into large slices, cut out the seed part.
- Arrange in jars and sprinkle with sugar.
- Add basil.
- Pour hot water into the jars.
- Then put the jars in a saucepan and send them for sterilization within 15–20 minutes.
After sterilization, immediately roll up the workpiece and turn it over, and cover it with a warm blanket. So it should stand for a day, after which it can be lowered into the basement.
Basil compote with citric acid
Apple compote with basil is especially tasty if you add a little citric acid. The drink will be refreshing and pleasantly sour. Ingredients:
- 120 g purple basil;
- 4 apples;
- 2/3 teaspoon citric acid
- 220 g granulated sugar;
- 2.8 liters of drinking water.
Making a refreshing drink using this recipe is easy:
- Boil water and put basil there.
- Wash the apples, cut into large pieces, put in jars.
- Boil basil for 10 minutes and remove from water.
- Pour the liquid into jars.
- After 15 minutes, drain and put on fire.
- When the liquid boils, add sugar and citric acid.
- Boil for 5 minutes and pour apples in jars again.
Now you can roll up the cans and wrap them in a warm blanket. Thus, the tightness is checked, and the cans cool slowly, which will further increase the shelf life.
Basil and apricot compote recipe
To prepare an apricot drink, you only need a pound of apricot with a bone. The result is a very aromatic drink, and exotic lovers will be happy to drink it. Ingredients:
- green basil - 3 branches;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 liters of water;
- a pound of apricot with a stone;
- 180 g granulated sugar.
The cooking recipe is not difficult:
- Wash the apricots and basil leaves, put in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and put the yellow part of the citrus in the water.
- After simmering, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Insist and cool the compote.
- Strain the drink.
- Add granulated sugar.
- Boil and pour into bottles in a boiling state.
Roll up and leave for storage. Suitable not only for everyday use, but also for a festive table.
Gooseberry compote with basil for the winter
Delicious gooseberry compote with the addition of basil will perfectly refresh and vitaminize. Components for such a blank:
- 1 kg of gooseberries;
- a liter can of red currants;
- 2 cups sugar;
- a dozen leaves of grass.
Instructions for preparing a delicious preparation:
- Prepare a syrup from one and a half liters of water and two glasses of sugar.
- Put the leaves and all the berries in a three-liter jar.
- Pour the contents of the jar with boiling syrup.
- Put on sterilization for half an hour.
- After that, take out the cans and roll them up tightly.
After a day of cooling in a warm blanket, send the compote to the basement or cellar.
Pear compote with basil for the winter
Herb is also added to the pear drink, which gives the drink a pleasant aroma and unusual taste.
For a drink you will need:
- lemon catnip - 3 branches;
- 3 sprigs of lemon balm and basil;
- 400 g of pears;
- 5 large spoons of sugar;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- 3 liters of water.
Cooking recipe in step by step instructions:
- Boil water and add pears, cut into large slices, and sugar.
- After 15 minutes, add all the necessary herbs and citric acid.
- Cook for another 5 minutes over low heat and pour into the jars while boiling.
- Roll up hermetically using a tin key with pre-cut lids.
Pear and basil compote will pleasantly surprise all family members. This is an extraordinary drink both in taste and aroma.
Cherry and basil compote
For a cherry herb recipe, you will need very few berries. The ingredients for a refreshing drink are as follows:
- a teaspoon of citric acid;
- a bunch of basil;
- 2 cups cherries;
- 2 cups granulated sugar.
The recipe is simple:
- It is necessary to throw greens, berries into the jar.
- Pour boiling water over, let stand.
- Drain the liquid, add sugar and citric acid to it.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the contents of the jar and immediately roll up hermetically.
The blank will have a pleasant color and an unusual, amazing taste. At the same time, the benefits of such a harvest in the winter are unusually high due to the essential oils of basil. This compote has antiviral properties and helps fight colds.
Terms and conditions of storage
If all the conditions for proper storage of conservation are met, the drink can stand for 5-6 months. It is important that it is sealed tightly and no air gets inside. And also of great importance is the cleanliness and sterility of dishes, both cans and lids.
With regard to storage conditions, it is important that sunlight does not penetrate into a room such as a cellar or basement. It provokes pathological processes in the workpieces, and therefore all seams for the winter should be stored in dark places. The temperature should not rise above +18 ° C. And in winter, the cellar or other storage place should not freeze and the temperature should not fall below zero.
And also high humidity and even more mold are contraindicated.
For those who want to store such a blank in an apartment, an insulated balcony with a dark curbstone is perfect, as well as an unheated storage room with an acceptable temperature in winter.
The benefits and harms of basil compote are based on numerous components that are part of the herb itself and additional compote ingredients. These are vitamins, minerals, essential oils, tannins, numerous macro and microelements. Such a preparation will perfectly raise the tone of the whole organism and will help to overcome illness and weakness in the cold season. The antiviral effect will help to cope with colds.