We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lecho is a dish originally from Hungary, which has long been chosen by domestic housewives. For its preparation, various recipes are used, including traditional ones, with bell peppers and tomatoes, and modernized ones, which are not quite a standard set of products. So, for many housewives, recipes without tomatoes are preferred. They are based on only pepper and various components for the marinade. Recipes for cooking lecho for the winter without tomatoes can be found below in the article. Using them, it will be possible to prepare a large amount of pepper even if the tomatoes are not born in the garden, and you do not want to use tomato paste at all.
The best recipes without tomatoes
In lecho recipes without tomatoes, the main difference is the preparation of the marinade. It can be oily, honey and even orange. The marinade can contain vinegar and various condiments to make it taste special. Some cooking recipes contain secrets, without which canned peppers will not turn out as tasty as expected. It is possible to take into account all the features of cooking if you select the ingredients in a certain amount and accurately carry out all the necessary manipulations.
Lecho with oil and vinegar
Quite often, tomato paste, juice or simply grated tomatoes in lecho are replaced with vegetable oil. Such recipes have a slightly bland taste, but vinegar and a certain set of spices help to correct the situation.
One of the best recipes for lecho with oil and vinegar recommends using the following set of ingredients: for 5 kg of pepper, 200 ml of vegetable oil, half a glass of sugar and the same amount of vinegar 9%, 40 g of salt and a dozen peas of black pepper.
Cooking such a lecho is quite simple by following the following recommendations:
- Bulgarian peppers, preferably red, cut in half lengthwise and remove the grain and partitions from the cavity. Then cut the vegetable into half rings, 5-10 mm thick.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar on chopped peppers, add vinegar. Mix the resulting mixture with your hands and leave in the kitchen at room temperature for 50-60 minutes.
- The next ingredient is oil. It must be added to the total mixture of ingredients and mixed well again.
- Prepare the jar by sterilizing in the oven or steaming.
- Put a few peppercorns at the bottom of the jars. It is recommended to use 15 peas per liter can of the product.
- Put lecho in oil sauce in clean jars with peppercorns. When filling the container, the bell pepper must be laid as compactly as possible, leaving no air voids.
- Pour the remaining butter sauce over the jars on top of the pepper.
- Cover the filled containers and sterilize. If the lecho is packed in one-liter jars, then it is necessary to sterilize them for 15 minutes, for half-liter containers this time can be reduced to 10 minutes.
- Roll up the lecho after sterilization. Turn overturned cans into a warm blanket for a day.
Important! At the bottom of the pan for sterilizing filled cans, it is recommended to lay a cloth that will not allow them to burst.
The recipe allows you to preserve a very tasty lecho for the whole winter. During the sterilization process, the pepper will give its juice, which will complement the taste of the remaining marinade ingredients with its unique aroma. You can eat lecho with vegetable oil and vinegar in combination with meat products, potatoes or bread.
Lecho in honey marinade
This excellent recipe allows you to prepare delicious bell peppers for the whole winter. Its main difference and at the same time taste advantage is the use of natural honey in the preparation of the marinade. Unfortunately, artificial honey or even sugar cannot replace a natural ingredient, so you should make sure the quality of the product before cooking.
To implement this recipe, you must use 4 kg of bell peppers and 250 g of natural honey. To prepare the marinade, you will also need 500 ml of oil and the same amount of vinegar 9%, a liter of water, 4 tbsp. l. salt. At first glance, it may seem that all of the listed products are not compatible, but in order to appreciate their joint harmonious taste, you just have to try the excellent lecho once.
It is necessary to cook lecho without tomato paste and tomatoes as follows:
- Pepper to remove grains and stalks. Cut small vegetables in half, large in quarter.
- Blanch the pepper pieces in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then put the vegetables in a colander to remove excess moisture.
- While the vegetables are drying up, you can start cooking the marinade. To do this, you need to dilute the honey in warm water and add all the remaining ingredients to the resulting solution. If desired, in addition to salt, vinegar and oil, various spices and herbs can be included in the marinade to taste. Boil the marinade for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the pieces of pepper in pre-prepared jars and pour over the hot marinade.
- Preserve the finished product.
In the preparation of lecho according to the proposed recipe, it is very important to prepare a delicious marinade, therefore, during the cooking process, it is recommended to taste it and, if necessary, add some ingredients. In general, the recipe allows you to preserve the freshness and natural taste of bell peppers and natural honey.
This recipe is one of the most original. It combines truly incompatible foods: garlic and orange. It is even difficult to imagine the flavor palette that can be obtained using these products. But the opinion of experienced chefs in this case is unambiguous: "It is worth trying!" Orange lecho is an excellent winter preparation without tomatoes for the winter, which can surprise every taster.
To make orange lecho, you need bell pepper. For one recipe, you need to take 12-14 vegetables, depending on their size. The required amount of garlic is 10 cloves, you also need to use 3 oranges, 50 g of ginger, 150 ml of oil, 70 g each of sugar and vinegar 9%, 2 tbsp. All these ingredients in the complex are able to delight with their summer taste even in the coldest winter.
Lecho prepared according to the proposed recipe can be preserved for the winter or eaten during the season. The cooking process, depending on the purpose of the product, does not change much:
- Prepare the ginger. Peel it, wash it and grind it. You can grind with a grater or knife. If it is decided to cut the product, then you need to make sure that the plates are thin, literally transparent.
- Chop the garlic coarsely enough. Each clove can be divided into 5-6 parts.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan or cauldron and fry the ginger and garlic. This will take literally 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the peeled peppers into cubes or strips. Add them to a skillet over low heat.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and pour it into the cooking mixture.
- Add salt and sugar along with the juice and mix the lecho thoroughly, after covering it with a tight lid.
- Simmer the mixture of ingredients for 15-20 minutes. During this time, the pieces of pepper will become soft.
- As soon as the first signs of readiness appear, you need to add vinegar to the lecho. If necessary, add the missing spices to the mixture of vegetables to taste. After 1-2 minutes, lecho can be put in jars and rolled up.
Important! If it is decided to prepare the product not for seaming, but for seasonal use, then the amount of vinegar can be reduced.
Orange lecho can surprise and delight every taster with its taste. Each housewife can prepare such a blank, showing off her knowledge and skills.
Lecho in brine
This cooking recipe allows you to preserve delicious, aromatic lecho for the winter without tomato paste and tomatoes. The recipe is based on the preparation of brine, which will give the bell peppers a sweet and sour taste.
To preserve such a winter harvest, you will need 2.5 kg of fleshy bell peppers, 15 cloves of garlic (the amount of garlic can be increased depending on the number of cans to be preserved), a liter of water, 4 tbsp. salt, 0.5 tbsp. butter, 170 g sugar and 3 tbsp. 70% vinegar.
Important! It is recommended to put 2-3 cloves of garlic in each jar.
Cooking lecho with brine consists of the following steps:
- Grind the cleanly washed and peeled Bulgarian pepper into strips.
- Cut the garlic into medium-sized pieces.
- Prepare clean, sterilized jars. Put pepper and garlic in them. The products must be compacted as much as possible so as to fill all the voids in the container.
- Prepare the brine by adding all the remaining ingredients to 1 liter of water.
- Fill jars of pepper with hot brine and sterilize them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Next, roll up the lecho and send it to storage in a cellar or pantry.
The recipe is extremely simple and accessible even to an inexperienced housewife. As a result of such preparation, a delicious and tender, aromatic pepper for the winter will be obtained, which will complement main dishes, salads and side dishes.
Spicy lecho with tomato juice
Tomato-free lecho is often prepared with tomato juice. One of these recipes allows you to make wonderful canned hot peppers with the addition of carrots and garlic.
To prepare such a lecho, you will need 2 kg of bell peppers, 1 kg of fresh carrots, 3 chili peppers, a head of garlic, 2 tbsp. vinegar and the same amount of salt, half a glass of sugar. The pepper marinade will be prepared on the basis of 2 liters of tomato juice.
Important! It is better to prepare tomato juice on your own, the purchase option can give its own special flavor.
You can cook lecho without tomatoes by doing the following:
- Peel and cut the carrots into thin strips (you can grate).
- Fold the carrots into a deep container, pour over the juice, salt and sugar.
- Chop the chili peppers as small as possible and send them to the pan with the rest of the vegetables.
- Boil the resulting marinade for 15 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, cut into strips, to the marinade.
- Cook the lecho until the pepper is soft. As a rule, this takes no more than 15 minutes. A few minutes before the end of cooking, add crushed or finely chopped garlic and vinegar to the pan.
- Preserve the ready-made lecho hot in sterilized jars.
This recipe is perfect for spicy food lovers. In its preparation, chili peppers, garlic and sugar are combined in a special way. It is imperative to try this combination, appreciating the interesting taste and benefits of the product. Spicy lecho will warm you in cold winter and "share" a certain amount of vitamins.
Choosing a recipe for lecho without tomato paste and tomatoes, you should pay attention to another cooking option, which is shown in the video:
This video allows you not only to get acquainted with the list of necessary ingredients, but also to visually appreciate the ease and simplicity of preparing such a winter blank.
The proposed recipes for lecho without tomato paste and tomatoes demonstrate the taste of bell peppers in the best way. Various seasonings only complement this vegetable, making winter harvesting more interesting and richer. You can use the recipes if the taste of tomatoes is undesirable or if you are allergic to tomatoes and tomato paste. Sometimes the absence of tomatoes in the garden is also a reason to preserve lecho without adding them. In general, whatever the reason may be, having prepared lecho according to the recipes described above, surely every housewife will be satisfied with the result.