We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Making homemade wine is an art. Experienced winemakers use a variety of fruits and vegetables for homemade alcohol. Mulberry wine is popular because the berries have a pleasant dessert flavor and contain enough sugars for winemaking.
Features of making mulberry wine
To prepare a delicious dessert wine, it is important to observe several basic nuances of creating a mulberry drink:
- it is necessary to use strictly black varieties of mulberry, since they have the most pronounced taste and color;
- it is better to use berries at the peak of ripeness, when they begin to fall from the tree;
- if the berries are not outwardly dirty, then they should not be washed;
- for a rich taste, experts recommend adding lemon juice.
Before you start making wine, all the ingredients should be sorted out. There should be no rotten, moldy berries among the berries, as they will spoil both the taste and quality of homemade alcohol.
How to make wine from mulberry berries
Homemade mulberry wine is made according to a simple recipe. But experienced winemakers have come up with several options for dessert mulberry wine. Various ingredients can be added, and then the wine will acquire a pleasant taste and aroma. Each winemaker has his own secrets, but the general algorithm and preparation technique are the same.
A simple mulberry wine recipe
To prepare a standard mulberry drink with a minimum of components, you will need:
- 2 kg mulberry;
- 1.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 10 g citric acid;
- 5 liters of clean water;
- 100g raisins.
In this case, unwashed raisins are necessary to activate the fermentation process.
The process of making mulberry wine:
- Mash the mulberries and leave for an hour to let the fruit juice.
- Transfer to a container with a wide neck.
- Add 0.5 kg of granulated sugar, water and raisins.
- Stir everything thoroughly, cover with gauze and put in a dark place with room temperature.
- Stir once a day.
- If everything goes according to plan, then after 2-3 days there will be a sour smell and foam - this is a sign of incipient fermentation.
- The resulting wort must be passed through several layers of gauze.
- Squeeze out the pulp and mix it with the juice of the berries.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a fermentation container and add a pound of granulated sugar.
- In the container, about a quarter of the space should remain free, and a medical glove with a hole in the finger should be pulled over the neck.
- Place the container in a dark room with a temperature of + 18-25 ° С.
- After 5 days, add the remaining pound of sugar to the drink.
- Depending on many factors, fermentation ends in 20-55 days. This will become noticeable by the deflated glove and lightened wine.
- Next, you need to pour the drink into a container for storage, strictly without sediment. The storage container should be filled to the very top, sealed tightly.
- Put the closed wine for maturation in a dark place with a temperature not higher than + 16 ° С for 4-7 months. During ripening, it is recommended to periodically change the container.
After a while, you can try a homemade drink made from mulberry berries. From the proposed set of products, 5 liters of wine with a strength of 10-12 ° are obtained.
Delicious mulberry wine with mint and cinnamon
An almost healing drink is obtained by adding mint and cinnamon. To create wine from mulberry trees you will need:
- 1 kg mulberry;
- 3.8 liters of water;
- 100 ml lemon juice;
- 60 g mint leaves;
- cinnamon sticks - 2 pcs.;
- 2.5 g of wine yeast.
- Make a classic syrup from pure water and granulated sugar.
- Heat the mulberry tree.
- Stir in syrup, cinnamon, lemon juice and mint.
- Cover with gauze, leave in a dark room.
- After 10 days, squeeze the berries with a press.
- Drain, pour into a bottle and install a water seal.
- When fermentation is over, free the wine from sediment, strain and pour into containers.
- Put on ripening, after 5 months you can taste the drink.
Important! This mulberry wine turns out to be tart and pleasant on the palate with aromatic notes.
Mulberry Lemon Wine
With additional components in the form of lemon juice, homemade mulberry wine is obtained with a pleasant sourness. Ingredients:
- 3 kg mulberry;
- unwashed raisins - half a kilo;
- a pound of sugar squeak;
- wine yeast - 5 g;
- 2 liters of water;
- juice of two lemons.
- Put the mulberry tree in a container with a wide neck, pour in the prepared syrup, unwashed raisins and leave for a couple of hours.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add to the drink.
- After 12 hours add wine yeast and mix.
- Cover with gauze and leave the wort in a warm and dark room for four days.
- Mix the mass twice a day.
- On the fifth day, it is necessary to collect the raised pulp and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Pour the wort into a fermentation bottle, install a water seal and leave.
- When fermentation is over, you need to separate the drink from the sediment.
- Pour the young drink into bottles and leave to ripen for 4 months.
The result is a very pleasant wine with a light aroma.
Mulberry White Wine Recipe
Components for the drink:
- 2 kg mulberry;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- 750 ml of white wine, preferably semi-sweet;
- 30 g cinnamon powder;
- 5 liters of filtered drinking water.
- Crush mulberry berries and leave them for a day.
- Then squeeze the juice through a press.
- Add granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Put on fermentation away from sunlight.
- After 3 days, drain, add water, wine and pour into a glass bottle.
- Install a water seal.
- After the end of fermentation, drain the mulberry wine from the sediment and pour it into glass containers for storage.
- Try it in six months.
Attention! This mulberry wine will have a special taste. Even very fastidious connoisseurs of homemade wine will like it.
Recipe for mulberry wine with raspberries
The combination of mulberry and raspberry makes the wine surprisingly pleasant in aroma and sweetness. Recipe components:
- black mulberry - 3.6 kg;
- raspberry juice - 0.8 l;
- sugar - 2.8 kg;
- lemon juice 30 ml;
- wine yeast - 30 g.
Recipe for making mulberry with raspberry wine:
- Wash the mulberry, transfer.
- Cover the berries with granulated sugar, add lemon and raspberry juices, put on a small fire until the sugar crystals are completely dissolved.
- Cool and add wine yeast.
- Place in a warm place and stir every day with a wooden spatula.
- After four days, squeeze out the juice using a press.
- Pour everything into a glass bottle and install a water seal.
- After the end of the fermentation process, strain everything and pour into glass bottles.
Attention! At least 4 months should pass before the first test. Then the mulberry and raspberry wine will be able to fully reveal its notes.
A simple recipe for mulberry wine with honey
Ingredients for Honey Silk Wine:
- 4 kg of mulberry;
- juice and zest of three lemons;
- 6 liters of apple juice;
- 1 kg of white sugar;
- 400 g of natural honey;
- 4 g wine yeast.
Step by step recipe:
- Mash the mulberry tree thoroughly.
- Add honey and sugar, as well as minced lemons with peels.
- Add apple juice.
- Heat slightly over the fire until honey and sugar dissolve.
- Cool and add wine yeast.
- Leave for three days, stir regularly.
- Squeeze out the juice and pour everything into a container with a water seal.
- When the glove-shaped odor trap is deflated, the young wine can be poured into bottles.
It will also take about 5 months to ripen to the first sample.
Why mulberry wine doesn't play
The absence of fermentation in wine, regardless of the raw materials for its preparation, always has a reasonable reason. It can be:
- errors in temperature selection - for mulberry wine, the optimal range is + 18-25 ° С;
Important! When buying, you should always look at the expiration date and buy yeast from trusted manufacturers.
- the quantity and quality of wine yeast is incorrectly selected.
- the wrong amount of sugar.
The sweeter the berries are, the faster the fermentation process will begin. If the wine uses sweet berry jam, then additional sugar is not needed. Yeast fungi require sugar for normal active reproduction, and therefore, with its lack of fermentation, there will be no fermentation or it will start late, but it will take a long time.
What to do if mulberry wine overextends
If stored improperly, not enough sugar, oxygen enters a bottle of wine, it can become too acidic. In this case, experienced winemakers offer several recipes:
- the best option is to mix several varieties of wines, one of which should be sweet, even sugary;
- keep bottles of wine in the refrigerator for two months, and then separate the resulting sediment;
- It is also worth trying to heat the bottles in water, but they should be tightly closed.
If you can't save the wine, you can wait for a new harvest and mix a new must with this wine in a 10: 1 ratio.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store wine in a cool place, such as a cellar. Shelf life of mulberry wine is 4 years. Experienced winemakers fumigate wine cellars with sulfur dioxide so that it does not over-acid.
Reviews of mulberry wine
Semyon Ivanov, 43 g, Tiraspol
For several years now, in addition to wine from grapes, I have been making a homemade drink from mulberries. Mulberry is a sweet berry, and therefore the wine is obtained with a pleasant aroma and dessert taste. I always add unwashed raisins, so the wine starts to ferment faster. I regulate sugar depending on who I make the wine to. My wife and I like it sweeter, but for my parents, I add less sugar to make it sour.
Marianna Letova, 38 years old, Chisinau
Black mulberry produces sweet wine. If you add sugar or honey, the fermentation process will turn out to be vigorous, and the drink at the end will be sweet. I try not to add lemon juice and acid. I tried to make wine from white mulberry, but it didn't work out - it is less juicy and drier. The last time I made it according to a recipe with the addition of raspberries - an unforgettable aroma, a drink of the Gods.
Mulberry wine is not just a pleasant drink, but a complete treat for the most discerning guests. It is simple to prepare it, you need a little sugar, unwashed raisins and wine yeast are used to activate the fermentation process. There are several recipes for making wine from mulberry trees, each with its own additional ingredients.