We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Orchid Wanda is considered one of the most moody plants, but it can be tamed at home. Having found a common language with her, you will enjoy the lush inflorescences and regular flowering for a long time.
General characteristics of the species
Wanda orchids just look wonderful in the photo. In nature, plants can be found in India, Asia, China. Flowers lead an original lifestyle - they are attached by powerful roots to trees.
Some varieties of the plant have a bright and pleasant aroma that persists when grown at home. The most famous subspecies of Wanda is blue. Thanks to her, many hybrids were bred, the images of which you can see in encyclopedias.
A blue orchid blooms in the spring or summer, when lighting becomes more intense. Flowering in a vase or pot continues for about 2 months.
The main varieties and types of Wanda
In total, there are about 70 species of Wanda's orchid in the world. In natural conditions, they can be found in China, Asia, India, the Philippines. There are a huge number of intergeneric and interspecific hybrids, since this orchid is able to interbreed with both orchids of other genera and within the genus. White Wanda orchid is often used to decorate winter gardens and warm flower gardens.
Consider the main types of orchids, which can be grown at home.
- Comb Wanda has large 5-cm flowers of an unusual color (yellow or blood red), which look original in the photo.
- Great Wanda originally from Malaysia. The orchid is distinguished by a thick stem and long leaves. Flowers appear in the summer. The peduncle can grow up to 18 centimeters in length, the lip is large, pink.
- Blue orchid named after the color of the petals. It is found in nature in the forests of Burma and the Himalayas. The roots are thick, airy, the leaves are elongated, leathery, the flowers are pale blue, large. At home, it is recommended to grow an orchid in a pot, but with proper care and timely spraying, the plant can feel great and sitting on blocks.
- Tender wanda possesses belt-shaped leaves located in 2 rows. At home, flowering is noted in the spring and looks amazing on the photo. The inflorescence has 12 flowers with a diameter of 6 centimeters. The color of the petals is white with purple dots, the lip has a pink tint.
How to care at home
Caring for Wanda involves observing a certain temperature regime, since in nature the plant is found only in warm places. The optimum temperature at home will be +25 degrees during the day and +16 at night.
As evidenced by the reviews of those who have already started Wanda, the appropriate temperature for orchids should be selected taking into account the level of humidity. The higher it is, the hotter the plant may be. It is worth noting that the Black Wanda, which looks original in the photo, like other species, requires a difference between night and day temperatures of 10 degrees.
How is watering
Caring for a plant involves providing it with water throughout life. Orchids require alternating dry and wet cycles. In cold weather, watering in a glass vase is carried out every 2 days, while it is better to irrigate in the first half of the day. During the hot period, watering is done daily, but moisture should not stagnate near the roots.
You can water orchids in a glass vase or pot in various ways:
- Spraying - optimal care for plants with bare roots, which often dry out.
- Watering from a watering can requires compliance with special conditions: it is necessary to introduce moisture at certain intervals so that it has time to drain.
- A hot shower is an excellent imitation of natural watering. The plant is placed in a bathtub under a warm shower and stays there until its roots turn green. Since orchid leaves are prone to stains due to moisture, they should be wiped with a soft cloth immediately after the procedure.
- Immersion - care consists in putting the pot together with the orchid in water for 30 seconds and then removing it. Suitable only for healthy plants.
How to fertilize and fertilize
Caring for Wanda involves the introduction of fertilizers, recommendations for breeding of which can be seen in the photo in the instructions. It is worth feeding in liquid form in the morning, and if the weather is hot, then at noon. The procedure should not be performed at night or in the evening.
Minerals for the plant are added monthly. All components are best taken in equal shares. About 10 grams of fertilizer is diluted per 10 liters of water. Growing a young plant requires feeding every 2 weeks.
If orchid care is carried out incorrectly and it receives an insufficient amount of fertilizing, its flowering becomes weak. Overfeeding leads to the fact that the upper part of the flower becomes soft. To check how useful substances are correctly applied is simple: look at the light green strip on the sheet, its width should be about 1 centimeter. If it is more, it is worth reducing the amount of fertilizer, less - increase. If the amount of fertilizing is optimal, the plants will develop correctly and look beautiful in the photo.
Orchid Wanda: watering and care
How is breeding
Laboratory propagation of Wanda is carried out from seeds. At home, you can get new orchids in a vegetative way. The propagation procedure consists in the fact that half of the upper part of the stem is cut off and placed on a substrate. Then the landing is transferred to a warm place with a sufficient level of lighting and sprayed every day, watering is not carried out. So that the disease does not develop at the cut site, it is treated with crushed coal. Subject to the rules presented, reproduction will take place without any problems, and adult orchids will look great in the photo and in life.
How to transplant
Proper care of Wanda involves periodic transplants. Before starting work, you should carefully inspect the roots and eliminate all rotted parts, soaking the root system is not recommended. The best option is the reproduction of a plant with young roots. If they are long, the orchid is unlikely to take root in a new place.
There are several situations in which an emergency plant transplant is required:
- the substrate is dirty;
- the soil was selected low-quality, and now it is constantly in the wet state and does not dry out;
- the roots of the plant begin to rot in the substrate;
- the soil is compressed, and as a result, air does not reach the roots.
In all cases presented, the orchid is subject to instant transplantation, otherwise you can not expect good flowering.
We also recommend that you read the article on blue orchids.
Orchid Wanda: home care
To make Wanda look good in the photo and in life, she should be properly looked after - watering, feeding, and transplanting in a timely manner. If everything is done right, the beautiful orchid will delight you with its flowering for a long time.